UPDATE: Shooting at West Jordan party leaves 3 dead
Update July 24, 2022 1:00 p.m.
The West Jordan Police Department identified and arrested a juvenile suspect with a connection to the shooting. Items of evidence, including a firearm, were recovered.
In the press release from WJPD, they say that “Additional arrests are anticipated.”
“We believe that this act of violence was a planned, targeted act and that there is not currently a risk to the general public. We extend our condolences to the families of the deceased and will continue to work to identify and arrest those responsible.” said Deputy Chief Richard Bell. “We ask that any members of the public who may have information that could help this investigation to contact West Jordan Police Dispatch at 801-840-4000 referencing case WJ22-36475”
WEST JORDAN, Utah – 3 people were shot and 3 people died at what Police think was a gang-related targeted shooting at a West Jordan party. The incident took place just before 11 p.m. at 3355 W, 6920 S in West Jordan.
One victim died at the scene. The other two victims died while being transported to a local hospital. One victim was 18-years-old, another was a minor, and the third victim’s age has yet to be confirmed. All three victims were African-American males.
Police say there is no risk to the general public at this time.
According to witness statements, there were multiple people involved in the shooting and there were also multiple cars leaving the scene.
Police have leads they are following up on, but there are no suspects are arrests made at this time.
This is a developing story and will be updated.’
- UPDATE: Shooting on TRAX platform leaves one dead, one injured
- Police: Parade shooting suspect contemplated 2nd shooting
- SLCPD investigating shooting that left one injured
Today’s Top Stories
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Jordan High student killed in Sandy crosswalk by school bus
- Utah Senate passes transgender-related surgery ban for minors
- Utah safety officials, NAACP, react to death of Tyre Nichols
- Three teens in custody after fight, shooting at Taylorsville High
- School choice bill is “limiting” public schools, UEA president says
- Bystander finds dead body in Salt Lake foothills above Beck Street
- Pedestrian hit and killed by UTA Frontrunner
- Large sinkhole shuts down portion of westbound 1500 North in Lehi
- Utah leading a lawsuit against new ESG rule affecting 401(k) plans