UPDATE: Shooting on TRAX platform leaves one dead, one injured
UPDATE: As of 11:15 a.m. on Sunday morning, the adult male injured in the shooting is still in critical condition. The third individual involved is the person who called the incident into UTA and remained at the station where officers took him into custody. He cooperated with the investigation and was released with no charges.
SALT LAKE CITY – Police responded to reports of shots fired on a TRAX platform near 900 South and 200 West at around 10 p.m. on Saturday night.
The shooter was the one who called police after the incident and is cooperating with the investigation. It is unknown at this time if the shooter was acting in self-defense.
One man was killed and another was seriously injured. All individuals involved are males in their 20’s.
This is a developing story and will be updated.
- One person killed, others injured after a shooting in Salt Lake City
- Two injured in Salt Lake party shooting
- One man dead, another injured after shooting at TRAX station
Today’s Top Stories
- US military has shot down the Chinese spy balloon off US East Coast, US official says
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Backcountry skier dead after fatal fall in Little Cottonwood Canyon
- More than 2,700 dead as powerful quake hits southern Turkey and Syria
- Bill permitting pregnant people to use HOV lane passes House
- AirMed responds to tubing accident in Peter Sinks, Logan
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- 2 arrested in central California shooting that left 6 dead, including mother clutching…
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen