Fireworks blamed in fire that damaged Magna mobile home
MAGNA, Utah — A Magna family has been displaced after a neighbor’s fireworks caught their Magna home on fire Friday night.
United Fire Authority was alerted to the fire around 11:30 p.m. Friday in the Sunset Vista Trailer Park off of Bacchus Highway.
The Red Cross assisted the family after the fire, which displaced three residents and one pet. KSL TV’s Lauren Steinbrecher reports the fire started outside the home, then spread to the eaves. No one was hurt.
The cause of the Magna fire is reportedly fireworks lit by a neighbor; investigators continue to look into which neighbor lit the fireworks.
This is a developing story and will be updated.
- House catches fire following firework incident
- Gov. Cox addresses fireworks, fire safety ahead of Pioneer day
- Police say home in Centerville set on fire by armed home-invasion suspect
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah Lake restoration called “unconstitutional” by state agency
- Suspicious package at Intermountain Layton Hospital removed, detonated
- What the bishops knew: Church releases details, timeline about Arizona sex abuse case
- Two people dead in Taylorsville after shooting
- Judge sets up possible release of redacted affidavit justifying Mar-a-Lago search
- Direct selling and the big impact it has on the Utah economy
- Utah Little League player, after fall from bunk bed, is making progress
- Quantum computing of “great concern” to Rep. Chris Stewart, here’s why
- Park City Resort introduces paid parking systems
- Gov. Cox opens up about past mental heath struggles at press conference