CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
Stolen car report leads to police chase, multiple people flee from scene
Jul 31, 2022, 2:00 PM | Updated: Dec 29, 2022, 11:29 am
(Photo courtesy of Alexis Pineiro, KSL)
SALT LAKE CITY – After receiving reports of a stolen car, the car was located driving on I-80 by the owner early Sunday morning.
UHP attempted to stop the stolen car at around 8:55 a.m. when the vehicle took off. The chase went on for 20 minutes before the suspect vehicle crashed near 2100 S and 700 E.
3, or 4, occupants fled from the crash on foot. A containment area was set and a helicopter was dispatched to look for the fleeing individuals.
None of the suspects have been located at this time.
This is a developing story and will be updated.
- Man in custody after high-speed chase through Taylorsville
- Police investigating high speed chase that led them through Davis and Weber Counties
- Six juveniles in custody after a carjacking and police chase
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Two found dead after shooting at Cache County home
- Identities released of Hyrum couple found dead in their home
- Utah County Sheriff arrests driver accused in road rage deaths
- Seven months into Adderall shortage, expert offers advice
- Former Gov. Herbert on field of 2024 GOP presidential candidates
- Utah will loan first-time homebuyers $20,000 for new homes
- Man urges pet owners to be cautious around rivers after Oliver the dog was swept away
- Four Republicans on board to run for Utah’s 2nd Congressional District
- Severe thunderstorm warning issued for Weber, Box Elder, Davis, Tooele counties
- Lawmaker says Bible ban didn’t follow the law he helped create