Stolen car report leads to police chase, multiple people flee from scene
SALT LAKE CITY – After receiving reports of a stolen car, the car was located driving on I-80 by the owner early Sunday morning.
UHP attempted to stop the stolen car at around 8:55 a.m. when the vehicle took off. The chase went on for 20 minutes before the suspect vehicle crashed near 2100 S and 700 E.
3, or 4, occupants fled from the crash on foot. A containment area was set and a helicopter was dispatched to look for the fleeing individuals.
None of the suspects have been located at this time.
This is a developing story and will be updated.
- Man in custody after high-speed chase through Taylorsville
- Police investigating high speed chase that led them through Davis and Weber Counties
- Six juveniles in custody after a carjacking and police chase
Today’s Top Stories
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- Potential redesign of new Utah State Flag emphasizes Native American tribes
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Monday morning’s cold temperatures nearly set new records
- Cold weather causes late start for Logan City School District Wednesday
- When it’s this cold, keep your pipes from freezing. Here’s how.
- Correctional officer assaulted at Utah State Correctional Facility
- 10 famous Utah ghost towns and where to find them
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- Used car prices dropping but supply still low