Edgewell Personal Care Company issues voluntary recall of Banana Boat product
Jul 31, 2022, 9:00 PM | Updated: Aug 2, 2022, 10:07 am
SHELTON, Connecticut — Edgewell Personal Care Company, owner of Banana Boat sunscreen, has issued a voluntary nationwide recall for three batches of its Banana Boat Hair & Scalp Sunscreen Spray SPF 30.
According to a statement made by the company, an internal review of the product found that some samples contained trace levels of benzene. Benzene is a human carcinogen that can cause cancers such as leukemia and blood cancer of the bone marrow.
The following batches have been recalled:
- Lot code: 20016AF; Expiration date: December 2022.
- Lot code: 20084BF; Expiration date: February 2023.
- Lot code: 21139AF; Expiration date: April 2024.
The product’s lot code can be found on the bottom of the can.
The recall does not affect other batches of Hair & Scalp, nor other Banana Boat products.
Recalling Hair & Scalp
Edgewell has notified retailers to remove the product from shelves. In addition to this, Banana Boat will offer reimbursement to those who have purchased Hair & Scalp.
The company advises consumers to stop using the affected product and immediately discard it.
Consumers can contact Edgewell Personal Care with questions at 1-888-686-3988. This line is available Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Eastern Time.
Consumers can also visit www.bananaboat.com for more information.
- Toyota recalls electric car for faulty wheel that may detach
- Easter candy recalled due to missing label
- Ford recalls over 2.9M vehicles at risk of roll away crashes
- FDA issues baby formula recall after four babies reported ill