Utah Little League player, after fall from bunk bed, is making progress
Aug 16, 2022, 9:00 PM | Updated: Aug 19, 2022, 7:59 am
(Photo courtesy of Salt Lake Bees Twitter)
ST. GEORGE, Utah — A Utah Little League all-star baseball player, who suffered a head injury following a fall from a bunk bed is showing improvement, according to his father.
Easton Oliverson is a pitcher and outfielder for the Snow Canyon Little League All-Star team. The team is participating in the Little League World Series in Williamsport, Pennsylvania beginning Friday. However, Easton fell from a bunk bed Sunday night that required emergency surgery.
In a Facebook posting, Easton’s father says the Little League player made more progress in a day than they expected. His father says Easton has been able to give two thumbs up to a friend.
Easton’s father, who is also an assistant coach on the team, says prayer has played an important role in the improving condition of his son.
And he is asking for continued prayers on behalf of Easton.
The Oliverson family may still make an appearance on the bases this Friday as Easton’s younger brother, Brogan, has stepped in his place on the team roster.
The Snow Canyon team advanced to the Little League World Series by beating Nevada in the Mountain Region tournament title game last week. Snow Canyon will play Friday against the winner of the Tennessee-Massachusetts game. That game is scheduled for Wednesday.
Mark Jones contributed to this article.
- Sportsmanship exemplified in grace of Little League batter
- Member of Utah Little League team injured in fall from bunk bed\
- Utah little league team makes World Series for the first time ever
- Church leader throws out ceremonial first pitch at Orioles game
- Jim Thorpe reinstated as sole winner for 1912 Olympic golds
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Pride-wrapped UTA bus pulled from downtown Pride Parade
- Two people killed in road rage crash near Eagle Mountain are identified
- Suspect killed, Ogden police officer stable after officer-involved shooting
- Utah will loan first-time homebuyers $20,000 for new homes
- Severe thunderstorm warning issued for Weber, Box Elder, Davis, Tooele counties
- Kouri Richins family satisfied with partial gag order issued in case, says spokesman
- Boats returning to the Great Salt Lake Marina
- Man urges pet owners to be cautious around rivers after Oliver the dog was swept away
- Boppy Newborn Lounger pillow blamed in more infant deaths
- Multiple leads being followed up on after motorcyclist shot at passenger car, victim is stable