Two people sent to the hospital following crash Sunday in Provo Canyon
PROVO, Utah — Two people were hospitalized Sunday evening following a car crash on US-189 near milepost 12 in Provo Canyon.
According to the Utah Highway Patrol, the incident occurred at roughly 6:42 p.m. The UHP says a Toyota Camry was exiting Vivian Park onto westbound US-189. The Toyota pulled out in front of a Nissan Rogue that was driving eastbound, according to the UHP.
The UHP says the front of the Nissan collided with the driver’s side of the Toyota. A male driver of the Toyota was transported to an area hospital in serious condition. Additionally, the female driver of the Nissan was also transported to an area hospital in serious condition.
The UHP says both victims were later downgraded to critical condition.
A third vehicle was involved in the accident, according to the UHP. A Ford Escape was damaged by debris from the crash. The driver of the Ford was not hurt.
There was heavy rain in Provo Canyon at the time of the crash. Both directions of US-189 were closed for a time for the completion of the investigation.
Troopers are investigating a crash on US 189 near MM 12 in Provo Canyon. Traffic is temporarily shut down in both directions, please avoid the area if possible. More information will be released as it becomes available. pic.twitter.com/H9pKt8mvMi
— Utah Highway Patrol (@UTHighwayPatrol) August 22, 2022
- DWR officer avoids serious injury after collision in Provo Canyon
- Utah Highway Patrol responds to Provo Canyon crash
- Nevada police looking for witnesses after crash that killed U of U student
- Man fatally shoots self after crashing car into barricade near US Capitol Building
Today’s Top Stories
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- Utah County attorney says he’s been wrongly accused of cannibalism
- A Utah lawmaker and her sister at odds: Should rape victims need to contact police before…
- Five Common Causes of Cervical Cancer – and What You Can Do to Lower Your Risk
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery
- Over 20 arrested in Utah County human trafficking sting, 3 victims rescued
- Off-duty officer with Salt Lake City Police arrested