Utah students await an announcement on loan forgiveness
SALT LAKE CITY– School begins this week at universities across Utah as students wait for an announcement from the president. President Joe Biden is expected to give an announcement about student loan forgiveness.
One local official says the idea could especially help those with some college experience but no degree. Jessica Oiler with Weber State University said this will definitely impact local borrowers, “about 25% of our incoming students here at Weber State are going to take on loans at some point.”
The proposal forgives $10 thousand dollars for borrowers making less than $125 thousand a year could especially benefit people with some college and no degree that are typically making less money per year. Oiler agrees the plan could also really benefit recent graduates who are still working their way up the payroll ladder.
Today’s Top Stories
- Man in custody after hours of negotiation in Orem home
- Chance of thunderstorms Thursday could affect BYU game
- Hurricane Ian weakens to Category 3 after making landfall in Florida, but officials warn the…
- Researchers using dirty diapers to develop new autism test
- American Leadership Academy responds to homecoming incident
- Former KSL NewsRadio talk show host in the path of Hurricane Ian
- Controversial homecoming dress code ends in protest
- Federal, state authorities warn of return of missed jury duty, outstanding warrant scam
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Severe thunderstorm warning issued for Davis and Weber counties