Schools in Juab School District placed in lockdown for a time Monday
NEPHI, Utah — Schools in the Juab School District were on lockdown for a time Monday.
Juab School District Superintendent Dr. Kodey Hughes says the district was notified by the Juab County Sheriff’s Office and the Nephi Police Department of a possible threat on a school building. Hughes says they were later made aware that the threat was made in Sanpete County. Hughes also says there was a conflicting report that the threat may have been made in the Payson area.
“Our school district is in between both of those areas,” Hughes said to KSL NewsRadio. “So, we felt it appropriate to put all of buildings in a lock-in-place.”
Hughes says school went on as usual in the district. He says no one was allowed to leave the buildings during the lockdown, and no one was allowed in.
While no threats were carried out, Hughes says a suspect was taken into custody in the Sanpete County area just before 3 p.m. Once the suspect was taken into custody, Hughes says the lockdown was lifted.
“It was strictly preventative,” Hughes said.
- Police find the gun that triggered an hours-long lockdown at West High
- Roosevelt students face felony charges after making threats against school
- Summit Academy High School locked down after series of unrelated events
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah County man pleads guilty to death of West Jordan teenager
- Be Ready Utah: What you need in your emergency winter car kit
- Genealogy research now tax deductible for members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Church announces locations for six previously announced temples
- Bingham High students build intricate gingerbread cathedral
- Oath Keepers boss guilty of seditious conspiracy in 1/6 case
- Senate passes bill to protect same-sex and interracial marriage in landmark vote
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Vail Resorts facing million dollar lawsuit after a Utah bowling alley incident
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success