Vehicle in West Jordan crashes into shed, driver suffers minor injuries
WEST JORDAN, Utah — West Jordan Police say no injuries were reported Wednesday afternoon after a vehicle lost control and crashed into a shed.
Sgt. Nelson Vargas, of the West Jordan Police Department, says the driver was traveling eastbound on 7800 South when the incident occurred at 3:30 p.m. Vargas also says that traffic began to stop around 34oo West.
According to police, the driver, instead of applying the breaks, hit the accelerator and lost control. The car turned onto 3420 West, striking some garbage cans, then a fence before hitting the shed.
The shed was next to a home located at 3429 W. Beckford Circle, according to Vargas. While the occupants of the home were inside at the time, no injuries were reported.
The driver of the West Jordan vehicle was cooperative in the investigation. The driver suffered only minor injuries and was transported to a hospital as a precaution.
Vargas says a DUI is not expected.
- Delivery truck crashed into four parked cars, Salt Lake City Police say
- Two-car crash in American Fork injures three, kills one other
Today’s Top Stories
- Father and son found dead inside West Jordan home
- Pedestrian killed on NB I-15 in Ogden, another in critical condition
- Evan McMullin sues super PAC, three Utah news stations for defamatory ad
- Gov. Cox appoints John Luthy to the Utah State Court of Appeals
- What differentiates BYU’s MBA program from other MBA programs
- Judge dismisses lawsuit alleging OB-GYN sexually assaulted over 100 women
- Three schools in Tooele went into lockdown Tuesday afternoon
- Intermountain Healthcare and Zipline launch drone delivery service
- Letters from death row: The writing campaign of Doug Lovell
- Former Utah Royals owner and coach named in women’s soccer abuse investigation