Vehicle in West Jordan crashes into shed, driver suffers minor injuries
WEST JORDAN, Utah — West Jordan Police say no injuries were reported Wednesday afternoon after a vehicle lost control and crashed into a shed.
Sgt. Nelson Vargas, of the West Jordan Police Department, says the driver was traveling eastbound on 7800 South when the incident occurred at 3:30 p.m. Vargas also says that traffic began to stop around 34oo West.
According to police, the driver, instead of applying the breaks, hit the accelerator and lost control. The car turned onto 3420 West, striking some garbage cans, then a fence before hitting the shed.
The shed was next to a home located at 3429 W. Beckford Circle, according to Vargas. While the occupants of the home were inside at the time, no injuries were reported.
The driver of the West Jordan vehicle was cooperative in the investigation. The driver suffered only minor injuries and was transported to a hospital as a precaution.
Vargas says a DUI is not expected.
- Delivery truck crashed into four parked cars, Salt Lake City Police say
- Two-car crash in American Fork injures three, kills one other
Today’s Top Stories
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- Utah County attorney says he’s been wrongly accused of cannibalism
- A Utah lawmaker and her sister at odds: Should rape victims need to contact police before…
- Five Common Causes of Cervical Cancer – and What You Can Do to Lower Your Risk
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- Over 20 arrested in Utah County human trafficking sting, 3 victims rescued
- Off-duty officer with Salt Lake City Police arrested