Two-car crash in American Fork injures three, kills one other
Nov 7, 2021, 7:56 PM | Updated: Dec 29, 2022, 12:00 pm
(American Fork Police Department)
AMERICAN FORK, Utah — A two-car accident Saturday night in American Fork claimed the life of a 91-year-old woman, while sending three others to the hospital.
According to Lt. Josh Christensen, of the American Fork Police Department, the accident took place at 200 E. State Street at around 7:30 p.m.
A 23-year-old male driver lost control of his vehicle as he was trying to navigate State Street’s split from Main Street, according to police. As a result, he crossed into oncoming traffic and hit a car with three females inside. A 91-year-old woman in the car passed away from her injuries at an area hospital a short time later.
A 66-year-old woman who was driving the car is listed in extremely critical condition at an area hospital. A third passenger in the car, a 48-year-old female, is listed in critical but stable condition. All three of the women are from northern Utah County, according to police.
A 29-year-old male passenger in the vehicle that crossed over into oncoming traffic is in serious but stable condition. The 23-year-old driver suffered only minor injuries. He was treated and released at the scene.
According to authorities, speed may have been a factor in the crash. Additionally, charges against the driver at fault are still being considered. However, the investigation is still ongoing.
Lt. Christensen says the identity of the victim will likely be released on Monday.
- 1-year-old kidnapped from American Fork home has been rescued, police say
- Snow College Football player killed in car crash
- A three-car crash in South Jordan claims the life of a woman
- Body found in American Fork Canyon may be missing man
- Who stole the great American Fork pumpkin, Charlie Brown?
- Fatal car crash closes I-15 Southbound in Murray for 1 hour during morning commute
- Street racing leads to fatal car crash with uninvolved motorist