Weber and Box Elder school districts to hold early out days next week
Editor’s note: This story has been edited for a factual error. A previous version of this story incorrectly listed Ogden School District as having half days when it was really the Weber School District. The Ogden School District is not one of the schools holding early out days because to heat. We sincerely apologize for the error.
KSL reached out to other districts around the state to see if they are planning to hold early out days as well.
Sandy Riesgraf, the communications director for the Jordan School District, says the district will not be offering any heat days. She says the district has limited outdoor recess time to 15 minutes. She also says whoever wants to stay inside can do so, students are not forced outdoors.
School officials in Daggett County say there are no plans to hold early out next week.
In an email to KSL, Bruce Northcott, superintendent for the Daggett County School District said: “All of our buildings are air-conditioned.”
In Wayne County, Superintendent Randy Shelley also says there are no plans to reduce learning time.
“Not as hot here as on the Wasatch Front,” he wrote in an email to KSL.
In Piute County, Superintendent Koby Willis admits that is something his district hasn’t considered but says it’s unlikely.
“We haven’t considered that,” he wrote. “I would say it is unlikely we would make that decision.”
Ron Nielson, superintendent for the San Juan County School District says that won’t happen.
“I don’t foresee us offering that as an option in the near future,” he wrote in an email to KSL.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah snowpack at a 10-year-high
- Utah Corrections offers more details on recent assaults against officers
- GoFundMe created for passing of two employees at Northrop Grumman
- Home schools and micro-schooling defined under new Utah bill
- Man’s arm partially amputated by farm equipment Tuesday afternoon
- Biden to test run his reelection message in his first State of the Union to a divided Congress
- Five Common Causes of Cervical Cancer – and What You Can Do to Lower Your Risk
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- Course certification now required for OHV driving on Utah public land
- Lockout lifted for Hunter High and Hunter Elementary Schools