UDOT expects these slowdowns during Labor Day Weekend
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Department of Transportation expects there will be a couple of times over Labor Day Weekend that drivers will need to prepare for heavy traffic.
Today, UDOT says to expect up to a 20-minute delay from 1-8 p.m. going northbound on I-15 in Davis County. In Salt Lake County going southbound, there could be up to 30-minute delays from 3-7 p.m. The agency also expects up to 10-minute delays from 3-8 p.m. near Nephi, going southbound I-15.
On Monday, UDOT expects at least two delays. Drivers could see up to 30-minute delays from 1-8 p.m. going westbound on US-6 in Spanish Fork Canyon as well as 10-minute delays from 3-7 p.m. on northbound I-15 near Nephi.
Additionally, in a Twitter post, the Utah Department of Public Safety reminds drivers that DUI enforcement is in place all weekend.
Statewide increased DUI enforcement continues all weekend. If your #LaborDayWeekend plans include drinking, make sure they include plans for a safe & sober ride home. #DriveSober #KeepingUtahSafe pic.twitter.com/XX9Yy2jXXz
— Utah Public Safety (@UtahDPS) September 2, 2022
Today’s Top Stories
- Bill would allow individuals to become teachers without a bachelor’s degree
- One person killed in wrong-way head-on collision on I-15 near Beck Street
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- The bizarre history of Groundhog Day
- One person dead following a stabbing in Salt Lake City suspect still at large
- Four elk killed as herd gets too close to I-215 and I-80
- Bill to set target water level for the Great Salt Lake dries up
- One man dead, suspect on the run after Glendale shooting
- Salt Lake City police investigating shooting, one person hurt
- Davis County officials charge suspect in Layton Amber Alert