CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
SLCPD investigates shooting following a large party that left one man injured
Sep 3, 2022, 6:00 PM | Updated: Dec 29, 2022, 11:27 am
(Derek Peterson, KSL TV)
SALT LAKE CITY — Around 1:23 a.m. on Saturday SLCPD received multiple calls about gunshots near 1700 South 4100 West, located in the industrial area of the city. Furthermore, while officers were responding dispatchers told them that someone was shot, said a press release from SLCPD.
Upon arrival, officers found evidence of a large party and bullet casings. Also, partygoers started leaving the area when officers arrived, making collecting witness statements and evidence difficult.
Initially, no shooting victims were identified by police. However, it was later found out that a 32-year-old man at the party arrived at a local hospital by car with a gunshot wound to his leg, says SLCPD.
He is expected to survive the gunshot wound, says SLCPD.
The first suspect SLCPD is investigating is described as a 20-30-year-old Black man. He was last seen wearing a red Versace shirt, red hat, and blue pants. The second suspect is described by SLCPD as “a 35 to 40-year-old Hispanic man, approximately 5-feet 10-inches tall, arm and face tattoos, last seen wearing a blue Yankees hat.”
Currently, SLCPD is investigating this shooting as gang-related.
Anyone who may have information about this incident should call 801-799-3000 and reference case 22-171308.
This story will be updated as more information becomes available.
- SLCPD responds to shooting on South State Street
- Shooting in Sandy leaves one person dead and another hospitalized
- Victim in Clearfield shooting arrives at Davis hospital in critical condition
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Congressman Chris Stewart announces resignation
- U of U Health, Regence insurance warn they may not reach a contract
- Rattlesnakes are appearing on Utah trails, around homes later than normal
- Woman barricades herself inside West Jordan home, then arrested
- Herriman couple ‘lucky to be alive’ after socket smashes windshield
- Citing rising rivers, Sandy Mayor issues emergency declaration
- Public comment period approved for quarry in Parley’s Canyon
- Lori Vallow Daybell shrugs after being handed docs about delivering up her kids, video shows
- Becky Edwards announces her intent to run to represent Utah’s 2nd Congressional District
- Source: Congressman Chris Stewart will resign, special election dates not known