32 days above 100 degrees in Salt Lake City
SALT LAKE CITY — A tweet from the National Weather Service Salt Lake City says we’ve officially broken the triple-digit mark 32 times this year. This month alone we’ve hit over 100 degrees on five different occasions.
Also, today is the hottest day ever recorded in September for Salt Lake City, hitting 104 degrees.
NWS Salt Lake City says this is also the 23rd warmest day on record for SLC.
That said, Kevin Eubank, Chief Meteorologist with KSLTV 5, says “potentially a few remnants of a hurricane working its way up from Mexico so we’ll be seeing some changes in the overall pattern as we head through the weekend and into early next week, and we might finally be experiencing some September weather compared to all this july, august record heat that we have been experiencing.”
🥵We have once again broken the triple digit mark for the 32nd time this year and 5th time this month. 103F also ties the record hottest day ever recorded in September, which was set just a couple of days ago. #utwx pic.twitter.com/TeXw2S3gdu
— NWS Salt Lake City (@NWSSaltLakeCity) September 5, 2022
- Summer of 2022 continues to shatter the record books in Salt Lake City
- Records set for 100 degree days in SLC and flash flood warnings statewide
- SLC will be above 100 degrees again after setting new daily record
Today’s Top Stories
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- Five Common Causes of Cervical Cancer – and What You Can Do to Lower Your Risk
- A Utah lawmaker and her sister at odds: Should rape victims need to contact police before…
- Utah County attorney says he’s been wrongly accused of cannibalism
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery
- Over 20 arrested in Utah County human trafficking sting, 3 victims rescued
- Court says gun law targeting domestic violence suspects is unconstitutional
- Utah mom shares grocery budgeting tips