Live On Utah offering free suicide prevention courses
Listen as Dave and Dujanovic talk about suicide prevention:
LEHI, Utah — September marks the start of Suicide Prevention Awareness Month and Utah is kicking it off with a first-of-its-kind educational prevention course.
Today, Sept. 6 at 11 a.m., Live On Utah, along with Utah professionals, will host its first of ten lessons via Instagram.
View this profile on Instagram
Those who join will hear from people like Allision Foust, the suicide prevention program administrator for the Utah Department of Health and Human Services. Joe Tuia’ana, a suicide prevention advocate, is also among the presenters.
The Utah Department of Health and Human Services said the course, “aims to help as many Utahns as possible become suicide prevention ambassadors.”
Although the course will be free and accessible on Instagram, course leaders will be recording their lessons live from Silicon Slopes in Lehi. No sign-up is necessary.
Live On Utah also provides other resources for education and prevention on their social media and websites.
If you or anyone you know are struggling with thoughts of suicide, please call 988, the national suicide and crisis lifeline.
Or call 1-800-273-TALK, or the Huntsman Mental Health Institute 1-801-583-2500.
- Salt Lake City to host a benefit for Huntington’s Disease
- Twitter self-harm hashtag concerning for Utah mental health experts
Today’s Top Stories
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- SLC restaurant “Manoli’s” nominated for James Beard Award
- Utah leading a lawsuit against new ESG rule affecting 401(k) plans
- Engineer who refused to approve Challenger launch dies in Ogden
- Three vehicle crash in Sanpete County leaves one dead
- Jordan High student killed in Sandy crosswalk by school bus
- Two Republicans voted against bill banning transgender-related surgery, here’s why
- More protests today after release of video depicting the deadly police beating of Tyre Nichols
- 10 famous Utah ghost towns and where to find them