Injured little leaguer now in hospital fighting infection
Sep 12, 2022, 7:55 AM
(Photo: Oliverson Family)
SALT LAKE CITY — The family of Easton Oliverson, the Santa Clara Little League player who was injured in a bunk bed fall during the world series, say he is fighting a staph infection.
Oliverson is recovering from an hours-long surgery to fight the infection. Doctors are now fighting the infection with antibiotics. The family asked for prayers to manage his pain and for the infection clear soon.
Oliverson’s little league team secured a spot in the Little League World Series last month in Pennsylvania. It was during that trip that Oliverson fell from a top bunk resulting in critical injuries. The little leaguer has had multiple surgeries for his injuries including a skull fracture.
In a statment posted on social media, he family said, “Easton has endured so much in the last month- way more than any person (let alone a child) should have to endure.”
Additionally, the statement read, “While he [Oliverson] is feeling very discouraged- his parents are trying to stay positive, motivate, and pray with him as much as possible.”
- Injured Utah Little Leaguer has increased face swelling limiting his vision, doctors say
- Injured Little League baseball player Easton Oliverson returns to Utah
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Candidates starting to line up as potential replacement for Rep. Stewart
- SLC Ballpark ‘Next Design’ competition winners announced
- Becky Edwards announces her intent to run to represent Utah’s 2nd Congressional District
- Here’s how Utah’s 4 congressmen voted on the debt ceiling bill
- Congressman Chris Stewart announces resignation
- U of U Health, Regence insurance warn they may not reach a contract
- Woman barricades herself inside West Jordan home, then arrested
- Sen. Lee says he will vote no on debt ceiling agreement
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announces site of North Carolina Temple
- Lori Vallow Daybell shrugs after being handed docs about delivering up her kids, video shows