Pornography found on electronic sign on campus of University of Utah
SALT LAKE CITY — An electronic sign on the campus of the University of Utah was seen displaying pornography today.
According to a spokesperson for the university, the sign was first noticed by a university employee at 2:06 p.m. today. The electronic sign is adjacent to the student life building.
The university spokesperson says the touch-screen kiosk was shut down at 3 p.m. The university began investigating soon thereafter.
After checking the browser history of the kiosk, university officials determined that the access occurred just after midnight on Sunday, Sept. 11. According to the university of spokesperson, over the course of the next two days, users logged into several pornographic websites on the kiosk.
The spokesman says campus police are looking at surveillance footage near the kiosk to see if they can determine who is responsible.
None of the other electronic screens across campus, which include 19 outdoor and roughly 100 indoor, were impacted, according to the spokesperson.
All other electronic signs on campus are secured.
- KSL EXCLUSIVE: Photos of topless women at U of U football game who may face charges
- Legacy bridge at University of Utah vandalized
- University of Utah investigating possible threat of violence
- Bomb threat at University of Utah was a hoax, investigation continues
Today’s Top Stories
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- Utah County attorney says he’s been wrongly accused of cannibalism
- A Utah lawmaker and her sister at odds: Should rape victims need to contact police before…
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery
- Five Common Causes of Cervical Cancer – and What You Can Do to Lower Your Risk
- Don’t put dogs in truck beds, Utah Humane Society says
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- Over 20 arrested in Utah County human trafficking sting, 3 victims rescued