Lone Peak Police take suspect safely into custody after long standoff
Update: 9:48 p.m.
Lone Peak Police announced Friday night that at roughly 6 p.m. the 25-year-old suspect was safely taken into custody. Police say the suspect has been booked into the Utah County Jail for investigation of aggravated assault and threats of violence.
Our previous reporting
HIGHLAND, Utah — The Lone Peak Police Department is currently negotiating with a 25-year-old male who allegedly assaulted members of his family.
According to a press release, police received reports of the alleged assault at around 1 p.m. on Friday.
Following the alleged assault, the suspect barricaded himself in the family’s Highland home. Police report that he has access to various weapons.
Lone Peak PD is currently on the scene negotiating with the suspect.
- Police say man arrested for gym assault later confessed to Spanish Fork murder
- A woman allegedly bit part of her sister’s eye during assault
- UPDATE: Suspect in custody after Herriman SWAT incident
Today’s Top Stories
- Bill would allow individuals to become teachers without a bachelor’s degree
- One person killed in wrong-way head-on collision on I-15 near Beck Street
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- The bizarre history of Groundhog Day
- Four elk killed as herd gets too close to I-215 and I-80
- Bill to set target water level for the Great Salt Lake dries up
- Salt Lake City police investigating shooting, one person hurt
- One man dead, suspect on the run after Glendale shooting
- Davis County officials charge suspect in Layton Amber Alert
- Fake nursing diploma scheme in Florida; 25 arrested