Lone Peak Police take suspect safely into custody after long standoff
Update: 9:48 p.m.
Lone Peak Police announced Friday night that at roughly 6 p.m. the 25-year-old suspect was safely taken into custody. Police say the suspect has been booked into the Utah County Jail for investigation of aggravated assault and threats of violence.
Our previous reporting
HIGHLAND, Utah — The Lone Peak Police Department is currently negotiating with a 25-year-old male who allegedly assaulted members of his family.
According to a press release, police received reports of the alleged assault at around 1 p.m. on Friday.
Following the alleged assault, the suspect barricaded himself in the family’s Highland home. Police report that he has access to various weapons.
Lone Peak PD is currently on the scene negotiating with the suspect.
This story is developing and will be updated.
- Police say man arrested for gym assault later confessed to Spanish Fork murder
- A woman allegedly bit part of her sister’s eye during assault
- UPDATE: Suspect in custody after Herriman SWAT incident
Today’s Top Stories
- Controversial homecoming dress code ends in protest
- Name change coming to Intermountain Healthcare next year
- The plan to build an inland port/commerce hub is on hold
- Ian makes landfall in southwest Florida as Category 4 storm
- Salt Lake County Dems call for immediate resignation of Sen. Gene Davis
- So. Salt Lake Police identify victim in officer-involved shooting
- Hurricane Ian knocked out power to all of Cuba, Florida officials urge evacuations
- Fatal crash near Strawberry Reservoir closes SR-40
- New poll suggests voters don’t wan’t to see Biden or Trump on the ballot
- US Embassy warns Americans to leave Russia