A woman allegedly bit part of her sister’s eye during assault
SALT LAKE CITY — The Unified Police Department responded Friday to a report of an assault, in which part of a woman’s eye was bitten off.
When officer Brandon Moore arrived, a man at the scene told him that his ex-wife had been bitten in the eye by her sister, Ashleigh Mason. The two were reportedly living together.
In police documents, Moore said that the victim was covered in blood dripping from her left eye.
Paramedics arrived at the scene and said the victim would need to be taken to Intermountain Medical Center. The damage to the victim’s eye will reportedly need the care of a plastic surgeon.
“The part of the eye that was ripped out by the suspect’s teeth appeared to be the tear duct,” Moore said. “However … it was difficult to tell.”
The assault led to Mason biting her sister’s eye
In a brief statement given to Officer Moore, the victim said that her sister had been intoxicated at the time of the incident. Mason reportedly became upset and grabbed the victim by her hair. She then pulled her hair extremely hard and bit her left eye.
According to the affidavit, Mason fled the scene after the attack. Police found her one block away, hiding in a yard.
“Ashleigh was extremely intoxicated and was screaming extremely loud, causing alarm to other residences in the area,” Moore said.
Moore said he found two additional bottles of vodka and a can of White Claw in Mason’s possession.
Mason is facing charges of aggravated assault, disorderly conduct, and intoxication.
- Man arrested after assault and robbery attempt
- Man arrested for allegedly stealing a vehicle and assaulting an officer
- Intoxicated woman arrested after the assault of two health care workers
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Body found at 600N, I-15 Southbound
- Robbery at swap meet leaves one victim shaken up
- KSL EXCLUSIVE: “It’s been a punch to the gut,” Woods Cross mom of boy…
- Clearfield power and traffic alert
- Salt Lake carjacking suspect dead, investigation continues
- Woods Cross man charged for allegedly secretly recording others in bathroom
- Full interlodge in effect for Alta and Snowbird ski area
- Winter-like temperatures sticking around
- What you can do about snow mold in your lawn
- The Salt Lake Temple renovation has a new completion date