One dead, one hospitalized after car crash in Kane County
KANE COUNTY, Utah — A crash in Kane County, Utah killed a 38-year-old man and hospitalized a 48-year-old man Monday night.
The Utah Department of Public Safety reported that the crash happened westbound on SR-89 near milepost 17. The two men had been driving in a 1997 Dodge Ram Pickup around 9:30 p.m. when the truck went off the road and overturned.
The 38-year-old man was the driver. He was thrown out of the truck and sustained fatal injuries. The 48-year-old passenger was flown to the hospital by helicopter with injuries but it now in stable condition.
The crash caused lane restrictions on SR-89 for several hours Monday night.
The DPS said the crash is being investigated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Bill would allow individuals to become teachers without a bachelor’s degree
- One person killed in wrong-way head-on collision on I-15 near Beck Street
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- The bizarre history of Groundhog Day
- One person dead following a stabbing in Salt Lake City suspect still at large
- Four elk killed as herd gets too close to I-215 and I-80
- Bill to set target water level for the Great Salt Lake dries up
- One man dead, suspect on the run after Glendale shooting
- Salt Lake City police investigating shooting, one person hurt
- Davis County officials charge suspect in Layton Amber Alert