One dead, one hospitalized after car crash in Kane County
KANE COUNTY, Utah — A crash in Kane County, Utah killed a 38-year-old man and hospitalized a 48-year-old man Monday night.
The Utah Department of Public Safety reported that the crash happened westbound on SR-89 near milepost 17. The two men had been driving in a 1997 Dodge Ram Pickup around 9:30 p.m. when the truck went off the road and overturned.
The 38-year-old man was the driver. He was thrown out of the truck and sustained fatal injuries. The 48-year-old passenger was flown to the hospital by helicopter with injuries but it now in stable condition.
The crash caused lane restrictions on SR-89 for several hours Monday night.
The DPS said the crash is being investigated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Controversial homecoming dress code ends in protest
- Name change coming to Intermountain Healthcare next year
- The plan to build an inland port/commerce hub is on hold
- Ian makes landfall in southwest Florida as Category 4 storm
- Salt Lake County Dems call for immediate resignation of Sen. Gene Davis
- So. Salt Lake Police identify victim in officer-involved shooting
- Hurricane Ian knocked out power to all of Cuba, Florida officials urge evacuations
- Fatal crash near Strawberry Reservoir closes SR-40
- New poll suggests voters don’t wan’t to see Biden or Trump on the ballot
- US Embassy warns Americans to leave Russia