BYU student and youngest-ever Survivor contestant says he’s confident he will win
SALT LAKE CITY — BYU student Sami Layadi is the youngest-ever contestant on the popular reality TV series “Survivor.” He says he’s confident he will be the youngest person ever to win the series.
Layadi is just 19 years old, one year younger than the TV series itself.
“Some would say I’m not ready for this experience, the game is older than I am,” He says on the show. “To those people, I say watch me work.”
Layadi says he runs off pure adrenaline all the time.
“With ‘Survivor’, I am gonna go out and I’m gonna put on the best show that I possibly can,” Layadi says.
His job as a pet cremator, he says, has let him interact with a lot of different people in high-pressure situations.
He thinks his job has uniquely prepared him to take home the win.
“People are at their lowest of lows when they lose a pet,” Layadi says. “You’ve got to be able to read the room [and] go in there and get the job done.”
You can catch the latest episodes of Survivor Wednesday evenings on CBS.
Devin Oldroyd contributed to this article.
- Jeff Caplan’s Minute of News: I watched Russian TV
- BYU premieres documentary ‘The Black 14: Healing Hearts and Feeding Souls’
- Community theater cancels shows after concerns over casting
- BYU study finds role-modeling, hands-on learning most effective financial education for kids
- BYU researchers learn importance of tracking, in fitness and other goals
Today’s Top Stories
- Man in custody after hours of negotiation in Orem home
- Chance of thunderstorms Thursday could affect BYU game
- Hurricane Ian weakens to Category 3 after making landfall in Florida, but officials warn the…
- Researchers using dirty diapers to develop new autism test
- American Leadership Academy responds to homecoming incident
- Former KSL NewsRadio talk show host in the path of Hurricane Ian
- Controversial homecoming dress code ends in protest
- Federal, state authorities warn of return of missed jury duty, outstanding warrant scam
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Severe thunderstorm warning issued for Davis and Weber counties