ARTS + ENTERTAINMENT
BYU student and youngest-ever Survivor contestant says he’s confident he will win
Sep 23, 2022, 4:26 PM | Updated: 5:24 pm
(ET Canada YouTube screenshot)
SALT LAKE CITY — BYU student Sami Layadi is the youngest-ever contestant on the popular reality TV series “Survivor.” He says he’s confident he will be the youngest person ever to win the series.
Layadi is just 19 years old, one year younger than the TV series itself.
“Some would say I’m not ready for this experience, the game is older than I am,” He says on the show. “To those people, I say watch me work.”
Layadi says he runs off pure adrenaline all the time.
“With ‘Survivor’, I am gonna go out and I’m gonna put on the best show that I possibly can,” Layadi says.
His job as a pet cremator, he says, has let him interact with a lot of different people in high-pressure situations.
He thinks his job has uniquely prepared him to take home the win.
“People are at their lowest of lows when they lose a pet,” Layadi says. “You’ve got to be able to read the room [and] go in there and get the job done.”
You can catch the latest episodes of Survivor Wednesday evenings on CBS.
Devin Oldroyd contributed to this article.
- Jeff Caplan’s Minute of News: I watched Russian TV
- BYU premieres documentary ‘The Black 14: Healing Hearts and Feeding Souls’
- Community theater cancels shows after concerns over casting
- BYU study finds role-modeling, hands-on learning most effective financial education for kids
- BYU researchers learn importance of tracking, in fitness and other goals
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- SLC Ballpark ‘Next Design’ competition winners announced
- Becky Edwards announces her intent to run to represent Utah’s 2nd Congressional District
- Congressman Chris Stewart announces resignation
- U of U Health, Regence insurance warn they may not reach a contract
- Woman barricades herself inside West Jordan home, then arrested
- Lori Vallow Daybell shrugs after being handed docs about delivering up her kids, video shows
- Sen. Lee says he will vote no on debt ceiling agreement
- Here’s how Utah’s 4 congressmen voted on the debt ceiling bill
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announces site of North Carolina Temple
- Candidates starting to line up as potential replacement for Rep. Stewart