Layton City Police Department arrest wanted suspect after SWAT operation
LAYTON, Utah — Layton City Police Department arrested a wanted suspect following a SWAT operation Sunday afternoon.
LCPD says a suspect wanted for aggravated robbery was in hiding at the Villas on Main apartment complex, located at 1475 N. Main St.
SWAT began negotiating with the suspect at around 1 p.m. This continued until around 3 p.m. when the suspect was taken into custody.
The department did not provide the suspect’s name or the circumstances around the alleged aggravated robbery.
- SLCPD SWAT called for domestic violence
- Layton High student stabbed with pruning shears during fight, hospitalized
- Suspect in 2019 murder arrested after ‘SWAT standoff’ in California
- Man found dead from self-inflicted wound following SWAT situation
- Layton police report two attempted child abductions
Today’s Top Stories
- Man crashes into Ogden Taco Bell drive-thru window
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Trash can on fire at home in the Cottonwoods, safely extinguished
- Crash on I-15 in Draper leaves one dead
- Frontier Airlines no longer has a customer service phone line
- American Red Cross of Utah seeks volunteers in central Utah
- Six new Latter-day Saint missions to launch in 2023
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- Clearfield Police identify victims in Wednesday’s double homicide
- Fugitive taken into custody following SWAT stand-off in Taylorsville