CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
Utah County Sheriff arrests man for felony sex offenses against a child
PROVO, Utah — Investigators from the Utah County Sheriff’s Office have arrested David Lee Hamblin, of Provo. He was booked into the Utah County Jail on multiple first-degree felony offenses.
Hamblin is a suspect in an investigation involving ritualistic child sexual abuse, which originated 10 years ago.
Hamblin, 68, was booked for sodomy of a child, rape of a child, aggravated sexual abuse of a child, and lewdness involving a child. In all, he is facing seven charges in this case.
Earlier on Wednesday, the Utah County Sheriff’s Office announced they would hold a press briefing about this arrest. But the briefing was later canceled.
We are postponing the press briefing scheduled for 3:00 PM today related to the sexual abuse related arrest of David Lee Hamblin. If we reschedule it we will make that notice again here. In the mean time, this link gives basic details about charges: https://t.co/mn50mKdN7U
— Utah County Sheriff (@UCSO) September 28, 2022
In June, 2022, KSL TV reported that the Utah County Sheriff’s Office was investigating allegations of ritualistic child sexual abuse. These alleged crimes happened between 1990 and 2010, in Utah, Juab, and Sanpete counties.
At that time, Hamblin was named as a suspect.
The Utah County Sheriff’s Office said that the case is being prosecuted by Juab County Attorney Ryan Peters. According to a press release, Peters “has been deputized as a special prosecutor by the Utah Attorney General’s Office for this case.”
The Utah County Sheriff’s Office said the case against Hamblin is still being investigated.
- Utah County Sheriff’s Office issue shelter in place while searching for suspect
- Wanted parole fugitive is taken into custody by Utah County Sheriff’s Office
- Utah County Search and Rescue team help teenager off Battle Creek trail
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Additional sex charges filed against Utah businessman; more victims possible
- Three people killed in two-vehicle crash on US-89 in Logan Canyon
- Multiple Utah schools received fake reports of school shooting, officials say
- Alpine School District exploring potential closure of 5 elementary schools
- Elk herd returns to SLC golf course after multiple relocation attempts
- U.S. Department of Labor says Sodalicious violated child labor laws
- Hear it Firsthand: 6 Students Share Their Executive MBA Experience at BYU’s Marriott School…
- Gwyneth Paltrow’s ski collision trial continues with defense
- Prison sentence reduced for ‘Real Housewives of SLC’ star Jen Shah
- Online marriage licensing gets the attention all over the world