CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
Utah County Search and Rescue team help teenager off Battle Creek trail
May 16, 2022, 8:45 PM | Updated: Dec 29, 2022, 11:34 am
UTAH COUNTY, Utah — The Utah County Sheriff’s Search and Rescue team assisted a 16-year-old girl off a mountain Monday evening.
The Utah County Sheriff’s Office said the girl suffered an injury to her head but was able to walk. They say it was roughly a 20-foot fall about a quarter-mile up Battle Creek Falls trail.
Sgt. Spencer Cannon offered the map below as the location of the incident.
The search and rescue team had the girl off the mountain by 7:30 p.m.
- Grand County Sheriff’s Search and Rescue team had a busy weekend
- Utah County Search and Rescue rescues stranded hiker off mountain east of Pleasant Grove
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Candidates starting to line up as potential replacement for Rep. Stewart
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announces site of North Carolina Temple
- SLC Ballpark ‘Next Design’ competition winners announced
- Here’s how Utah’s 4 congressmen voted on the debt ceiling bill
- Becky Edwards announces her intent to run to represent Utah’s 2nd Congressional District
- The streaming shift from BYUtv to ESPN
- U of U Health, Regence insurance warn they may not reach a contract
- Congressman Chris Stewart announces resignation
- Sen. Lee says he will vote no on debt ceiling agreement
- Lori Vallow Daybell shrugs after being handed docs about delivering up her kids, video shows