Utah County Search and Rescue team help teenager off Battle Creek trail
UTAH COUNTY, Utah — The Utah County Sheriff’s Search and Rescue team assisted a 16-year-old girl off a mountain Monday evening.
The Utah County Sheriff’s Office said the girl suffered an injury to her head but was able to walk. They say it was roughly a 20-foot fall about a quarter-mile up Battle Creek Falls trail.
Sgt. Spencer Cannon offered the map below as the location of the incident.
The search and rescue team had the girl off the mountain by 7:30 p.m.
Today’s Top Stories
- Update: Idaho Amber Alert canceled, children found safe
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- Supreme Court sides with coach who sought to pray after game
- Judge schedules emergency hearing re: Utah abortion trigger law
- Elizabeth Smart says she was sexually assaulted on a plane
- January 6 committee unexpectedly adds new hearing for Tuesday
- 7-year-old boy in Layton critically injured after being hit by a car
- Kearns woman killed in a two-vehicle accident in Idaho
- San Juan county crash leaves one dead, one injured
- Residents of four Salt Lake City apartments displaced by fire