Utah County Search and Rescue team help teenager off Battle Creek trail
UTAH COUNTY, Utah — The Utah County Sheriff’s Search and Rescue team assisted a 16-year-old girl off a mountain Monday evening.
The Utah County Sheriff’s Office said the girl suffered an injury to her head but was able to walk. They say it was roughly a 20-foot fall about a quarter-mile up Battle Creek Falls trail.
Sgt. Spencer Cannon offered the map below as the location of the incident.
The search and rescue team had the girl off the mountain by 7:30 p.m.
- Grand County Sheriff’s Search and Rescue team had a busy weekend
- Utah County Search and Rescue rescues stranded hiker off mountain east of Pleasant Grove
Today’s Top Stories
- After celebrity death to colon cancer, Utah doctor weighs in on colonoscopy
- Two Utah experts talk about prisoner swap for WNBA player Brittney Griner
- Sinema leaving the Democratic Party and registering as an independent
- Update: Some I-15 lanes reopen after hazmat spill in Bluffdale
- Families of Hunter High shooting victims unhappy with plea deal
- Downtown Ogden expansion project begins finalizing plans
- DWR and UDOT introducing new app Utah Roadkill Reporter
- Provo Police looking for information about two cars in deadly hit-and-run
- West Jordan Elementary School is closing its gates after 40 years
- Sundance Film Festival is seeking volunteers for 2023 event