Utah County Search and Rescue rescues stranded hiker off mountain east of Pleasant Grove
PLEASANT GROVE, Utah — The Utah County Sheriff’s Office Search and Rescue team were working Friday night to rescue a 29-year-old stranded hiker above Indian Springs in the mountains east of Pleasant Grove.
@UCSO_SAR is working to bring a stranded 29 year old hiker down from above Indian Spring in the mountains east of Pleasant Grove. The man tells rescuers he is not dressed for the weather and has no food or water. @UtahDPS Star 9 helicopter assisting as teams hike in by ground. pic.twitter.com/BePwFvkgb7
— Spencer Cannon (@SGTCannonPIO) March 5, 2022
According to the Utah County Sheriff’s Office, the hiker told authorities that he is not dressed for the conditions. He also told authorities he has no food or water.
Although, authorities do say they know the location of the man. However, rescue attempts have become difficult due to the terrain and nightfall.
According to authorities, several different strategies are being attempted to get the hiker down off the mountain. Search and rescue members are on ATVs and snowmobiles ready to go up the mountain if a helicopter rescue is unsuccessful.
The Utah County Sheriff’s Office credits the GPS on the hiker’s phone for emergency personnel’s ability to find him.
The hiker was safely flown off the mountain just before 9 p.m. He was checked out by Pleasant Grove ambulance and released.
- Salt Lake County Search and Rescue safely rescues stranded hiker
- Salt Lake County Search and Rescue helps two stranded skiers
Today’s Top Stories
- US military has shot down the Chinese spy balloon off US East Coast, US official says
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- GoFundMe created for passing of two employees at Northrop Grumman
- Backcountry skier dead after fatal fall in Little Cottonwood Canyon
- AirMed responds to tubing accident in Peter Sinks, Logan
- Bill permitting pregnant people to use HOV lane passes House
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- More than 3,400 dead as powerful quake hits southern Turkey and Syria
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- 2 arrested in central California shooting that left 6 dead, including mother clutching…