Utah County Search and Rescue rescues stranded hiker off mountain east of Pleasant Grove
PLEASANT GROVE, Utah — The Utah County Sheriff’s Office Search and Rescue team were working Friday night to rescue a 29-year-old stranded hiker above Indian Springs in the mountains east of Pleasant Grove.
@UCSO_SAR is working to bring a stranded 29 year old hiker down from above Indian Spring in the mountains east of Pleasant Grove. The man tells rescuers he is not dressed for the weather and has no food or water. @UtahDPS Star 9 helicopter assisting as teams hike in by ground. pic.twitter.com/BePwFvkgb7
— Spencer Cannon (@SGTCannonPIO) March 5, 2022
According to the Utah County Sheriff’s Office, the hiker told authorities that he is not dressed for the conditions. He also told authorities he has no food or water.
Although, authorities do say they know the location of the man. However, rescue attempts have become difficult due to the terrain and nightfall.
According to authorities, several different strategies are being attempted to get the hiker down off the mountain. Search and rescue members are on ATVs and snowmobiles ready to go up the mountain if a helicopter rescue is unsuccessful.
The Utah County Sheriff’s Office credits the GPS on the hiker’s phone for emergency personnel’s ability to find him.
The hiker was safely flown off the mountain just before 9 p.m. He was checked out by Pleasant Grove ambulance and released.
Today’s Top Stories
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- S.B. 174 now in effect in Utah with Supreme Court’s overturn of Roe v. Wade
- Utah leaders react to Supreme Court decision to overturn Roe v. Wade
- Flight instructor, student, die in crash of USU Aviation plane
- With Roe v. Wade now overturned, could same-sex marriage be next?
- You’ll love spending the day at Bear Lake | How to spend a day at Bear Lake
- Biden signs bipartisan gun safety bill into law: ‘God willing, it’s going to…
- Lawyer releases pages from Brian Laundrie’s notebook in which he admits to killing…
- Hill Air Force Base’s Air and Space show bringing STEM to kids
- Provo Police Department asking for help solving a 2020 cold case