Grand County Sheriff’s Search and Rescue team had a busy weekend
GRAND COUNTY, Utah — The Grand County Sheriff’s Search and Rescue team was kept busy last weekend with three different incidents.
According to the Sheriff’s Office, a 59-year-old motorcyclist from Washington was reportedly suffering from heat exhaustion on Thursday afternoon. The motorcyclist was traveling near the north end of the Golden Spike Trail when the call for help came in.
It took emergency personnel about four hours to get to the individual due to his remote location and the difficulty of the trail.
The Sheriff’s Office says rescue personnel did not return to town until after midnight.
On Saturday afternoon, the search and rescue team received two calls at almost the same time.
The first call came in about 2:30 p.m. Search and rescue was called to assist paramedics from Grand County in accessing the victim from a motorcycle crash in the area of Dripping Spring and the Spring Canyon Point Road.
As emergency personnel were responding to that incident, two people were reported injured in a swimming incident at Left Hand of Mill Creek Canyon. A Moab man suffered minor injuries after jumping into a popular swimming hole. He was able to walk out of the area on his own.
However, a woman from Grand Junction, Colorado, suffered leg injuries and had to be transported out by emergency personnel.
Today’s Top Stories
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- Police have arrested a ‘person of interest’ after a mass shooting at July 4th…
- UPDATE: Shooting on TRAX platform leaves one dead, one injured
- Fire officials say aerial firework caused brush fire in Saratoga Springs
- Deuel Creek Fire starts in Centerville overnight, evacuation order lifted
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song
- Interactive map shows where fireworks are off-limits in Utah
- Campsite planning app offers new clues in case of missing woman Gabby Petito
- Former BYU professor charged with 5 more counts of forcible sexual abuse
- Moab police describe fight between woman — now missing — and boyfriend