Grand County Sheriff’s Search and Rescue team had a busy weekend
GRAND COUNTY, Utah — The Grand County Sheriff’s Search and Rescue team was kept busy last weekend with three different incidents.
According to the Sheriff’s Office, a 59-year-old motorcyclist from Washington was reportedly suffering from heat exhaustion on Thursday afternoon. The motorcyclist was traveling near the north end of the Golden Spike Trail when the call for help came in.
It took emergency personnel about four hours to get to the individual due to his remote location and the difficulty of the trail.
The Sheriff’s Office says rescue personnel did not return to town until after midnight.
On Saturday afternoon, the search and rescue team received two calls at almost the same time.
The first call came in about 2:30 p.m. Search and rescue was called to assist paramedics from Grand County in accessing the victim from a motorcycle crash in the area of Dripping Spring and the Spring Canyon Point Road.
As emergency personnel were responding to that incident, two people were reported injured in a swimming incident at Left Hand of Mill Creek Canyon. A Moab man suffered minor injuries after jumping into a popular swimming hole. He was able to walk out of the area on his own.
However, a woman from Grand Junction, Colorado, suffered leg injuries and had to be transported out by emergency personnel.
- Fatal late-night crash in Grand County near Moab
- Pair of incidents Thursday in Grand County kept authorities busy
Today’s Top Stories
- Lawsuit against Arches National Park after incident resulting in the death of a woman
- Kirstie Alley, ‘Cheers’ and ‘Veronica’s Closet’ star, dead at 71
- Utah Tech student dies after falling from fifth-story balcony
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- Deadline for REAL ID-compliant license, ID card, extended to 2025
- Investigators track ammunition in fatal film set shooting
- Bingham High students build intricate gingerbread cathedral
- EU fines Google $1.7 billion for abusing online ads market
- WATCH: Utah Jazz surprise first scholarship recipients in heartwarming video calls
- Iranian women burn their hijabs as hundreds protest death of Mahsa Amini