Man in custody after hours of negotiation in Orem home
OREM, Utah — The Orem Police Department had a heavy presence in an Orem neighborhood Thursday morning after a man reportedly shot a gun during a family fight. After hours of negotiation, police took the man into custody.
Orem Police said it received reports of a man shooting a gun during a family fight at a home near 400 S 700 E at 4:10 a.m. Thursday.
When officers arrived, the family was able to leave safely because the man was in a separate basement apartment at the time.
Police said the man then stepped outside with a gun and exchanged fire with officers.
He finally left the home after hours of negotiation with the police and went to the hospital for treatment for his injuries.
The Utah County Officer Involved Critical Incident Team is now investigating the incident.
Today’s Top Stories
- Update: Some I-15 lanes reopen after hazmat spill in Bluffdale
- After celebrity death to colon cancer, Utah doctor weighs in on colonoscopy
- Provo Police looking for information about two cars in deadly hit-and-run
- SWAT standoff in Tooele ends peacefully, no further threat to public
- Two Utah experts talk about prisoner swap for WNBA player Brittney Griner
- WNBA star Brittney Griner released from Russian detention in prisoner swap for convicted arms dealer
- Sundance Film Festival is seeking volunteers for 2023 event
- Natural Resources helicopter crashes in San Juan County, no injuries
- Downtown Ogden expansion project begins finalizing plans
- West Jordan Elementary School is closing its gates after 40 years