Deadly day for Utah roads, two killed in separate crashes on State Street
SALT LAKE CITY — Two different crashes on State Street left two people dead on Tuesday morning and put two others in the hospital. The crashes came only hours before a person died trying to fix a flat tire on I-15 in Ogden.
Around 8:40 a.m. in Provo, a motorcyclist and a vehicle crashed, killing the motorcyclist.
The crash left the area around 900 South State street closed for a few hours.
Public Information Officer Shad Lefevre from Provo Police said the motorcyclist was 47-year-old Andrew Whiteman from Orem.
The driver of the vehicle involved in the Provo crash stayed on the scene and is cooperating with police according to Lefevre.
In Pleasant Grove, a three-vehicle crash killed one person and hospitalized two others around 10:30 a.m.
Both Directions State St at 1700 W (Pleasant Grove) Utah Co.
Road Closed, Use Alt
Est. Clearance Time: 1:00 PM
For updates: https://t.co/jaVMw7vcLm
— UDOT Traffic (@UDOTTRAFFIC) October 4, 2022
Captian Britt Smith with Pleasant Grove Police said one of the three victims was Life Flighted from the scene.
The crash caused closures around the area of State Street at 1700 West.
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Gwyneth Paltrow ski crash trial begins in Park City, lawyer calls it “B.S.”
- UHP: Three people dead in two-vehicle crash in Kane County
- D2 gets to the bottom of the impending arrest of former President Trump
- Death penalty off the table for Lori Vallow Daybell
- Utah Flooding: How to prevent and mitigate the risk
- USU grad files lawsuit against university for racist caricature
- Home prices are down and so are the size of apartments
- Utah Rivers Council selling discounted rain barrels as effort toward water conservation
- Brighton hits a milestone with 700 inches of snow
- 16-year-old dead, 2 other teens injured in fatal crash in Juab County