Deadly day for Utah roads, two killed in separate crashes on State Street
SALT LAKE CITY — Two different crashes on State Street left two people dead on Tuesday morning and put two others in the hospital. The crashes came only hours before a person died trying to fix a flat tire on I-15 in Ogden.
Around 8:40 a.m. in Provo, a motorcyclist and a vehicle crashed, killing the motorcyclist.
The crash left the area around 900 South State street closed for a few hours.
Public Information Officer Shad Lefevre from Provo Police said the motorcyclist was 47-year-old Andrew Whiteman from Orem.
The driver of the vehicle involved in the Provo crash stayed on the scene and is cooperating with police according to Lefevre.
In Pleasant Grove, a three-vehicle crash killed one person and hospitalized two others around 10:30 a.m.
Both Directions State St at 1700 W (Pleasant Grove) Utah Co.
Road Closed, Use Alt
Est. Clearance Time: 1:00 PM
For updates: https://t.co/jaVMw7vcLm
— UDOT Traffic (@UDOTTRAFFIC) October 4, 2022
Captian Britt Smith with Pleasant Grove Police said one of the three victims was Life Flighted from the scene.
The crash caused closures around the area of State Street at 1700 West.
Today’s Top Stories
- Vivint Smart Home acquired for $2.8 billion by NRG Energy
- UDOT wants public comments for proposed Orem expansion
- Trump Organization convicted in executive tax dodge scheme
- A 4-day workweek is working for Provo government
- Three toys recalled in U.S. for excessive lead paint
- Utah Tech student dies after falling from fifth-story balcony
- Suspected criminals on Zillow listing Utah homes for sale without homeowners’ knowledge
- Lawsuit against Arches National Park after incident resulting in the death of a woman
- Kirstie Alley, ‘Cheers’ and ‘Veronica’s Closet’ star, dead at 71
- Great Salt Lake, moisture created Tuesday’s commuter fog and maybe Wednesday’s