Shooting suspect at large in Salt Lake City, one other individual in custody
Oct 11, 2022, 11:16 AM | Updated: 6:41 pm
(Salt Lake City PD)
Update: 6:16 p.m.
SALT LAKE CITY — Police announced Tuesday evening a 71-year-old man has been taken into custody for allegedly aiding and abetting the shooter.
Police say Thomas Leroy Glasker was arrested for investigation of attempted murder and obstruction of justice. Police say Glasker allegedly aided the 60-year-old shooter by providing the firearm. He also served as the alleged getaway driver.
Law enforcement personnel say the alleged shooter, Joseph Marquez, has not been located.
The victim in this incident, a 38-year-old male, has not been identified.
Our previous reporting
SALT LAKE CITY — Investigators are on the scene of a shooting at the Wasatch Inn on State Street in Salt Lake City.
Salt Lake City Police said two men were arguing in the parking lot of the hotel at 1416 State Street, when one shot the other and left on foot. Police said the suspect was last seen heading south on State Street.
“Our officers arrived, and they located a man with a gunshot wound to his head,” SLCPD Detective Michelle Peterson told KSL. “He is in critical condition.”
The victim was hospitalized according to police. They believe this is an isolated incident, but homicide investigators were on the scene out of an abundance of caution.
Police later said the shooting did not appear to be random.
The suspect is described as an approximately 60-year-old Hispanic man, balding with no facial hair. He was last seen wearing a green puffy jacket, red and black sweatpants, and white shoes.
Anyone with information on this case is asked to call 801-799-3000 and reference case number 22-201391.
This story will be updated.
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Pride-wrapped UTA bus pulled from downtown Pride Parade
- Road rage crash kills 2 from Salt Lake County in Eagle Mountain
- Utah House leader signals change to special election law to fill Rep. Stewart’s seat
- Teenager drowns at Palisade State Park after getting caught in storm, officials say
- Salt Lake City police investigate after fatal overnight shooting outside of New Yorker night club
- Kouri Richins family satisfied with partial gag order issued in case, says spokesman
- Man nearly drowns at Gunlock Falls
- Gov. Cox says he’s willing to call a special session to change Utah special election law
- China’s soured milk and its impact on Utah’s dairy farmers
- Parts of Utah experienced a severe thunderstorm, Pride Festival back on