New poll: Is Utah the most unhappy state in the U.S.?
SALT LAKE CITY — In a new study, residents from all 50 states were tested for their happiness. Utahns ranked in the lower 25.
The data, compiled by TOP Agency, suggests people in Utah are some of the most unhappy in the U.S.
The study focused on seven key indicators ranging from personal finance, leisure activities and mental health. The states were ranked based on the scores the state received for each category.
With Massachusetts being the happiest state at No.1, Utah is ranked as No. 36
Although Utahns ranked fifth in the study for the lowest depression rate, they previously ranked high for most untreated mental illness’ per capita.
Additionally, the study found that Utah has the worst level of anxiety in the country. For overall mental health, Utah came just ahead of West Virginia at No. 49.
Utah got last place for personal relationships which studied not only divorce and marriage rates but people with pets and those using relationship apps.
Likewise, Utah was in the lower quadrant for personal finance and just hardly saw the top 25 for social policies.
Although Utah did not see many high scores, they can take home a physical health victory as the Beehive State came in second just behind Colorado.
- Utah adults have highest mental illness rate in country
- New survey suggests women who own businesses are struggling
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Additional sex charges filed against Utah businessman; more victims possible
- Three people killed in two-vehicle crash on US-89 in Logan Canyon
- Nine soldiers killed after Army helicopters crash in Kentucky
- Multiple Utah schools received fake reports of school shooting, officials say
- Alpine School District exploring potential closure of 5 elementary schools
- Elk herd returns to SLC golf course after multiple relocation attempts
- U.S. Department of Labor says Sodalicious violated child labor laws
- Online marriage licensing gets the attention all over the world
- Gwyneth Paltrow’s ski collision trial continues with defense
- Prison sentence reduced for ‘Real Housewives of SLC’ star Jen Shah