Man in custody following alleged stabbing at Pioneer Park, police say
SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake City Police say a 49-year-old man is in custody following an alleged stabbing incident Wednesday afternoon at Pioneer Park. Police say they received multiple phone calls of a stabbing at 12:16 p.m.
Upon arriving on the scene, law enforcement personnel discovered a 65-year-old man with at least one stab wound. The victim was transported to a hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
A short time later, the suspect, who has been identified as Nathaniel Woody, was safely taken into custody. Based on the police investigation, officers say they believe Woody and the victim got into a fight, which led to the stabbing.
According to police, the suspect has been booked into the Salt Lake County Jail on an investigation of aggravated assault.
- Pioneer Park Coalition announces plan to combat crime, homelessness
- Suspect in Pioneer Park stabbing is taken into custody
- Suspect arrested after allegedly stabbing another man at Pioneer Park
Today’s Top Stories
- Update: Some I-15 lanes reopen after hazmat spill in Bluffdale
- After celebrity death to colon cancer, Utah doctor weighs in on colonoscopy
- Provo Police looking for information about two cars in deadly hit-and-run
- SWAT standoff in Tooele ends peacefully, no further threat to public
- Two Utah experts talk about prisoner swap for WNBA player Brittney Griner
- WNBA star Brittney Griner released from Russian detention in prisoner swap for convicted arms dealer
- Sundance Film Festival is seeking volunteers for 2023 event
- Natural Resources helicopter crashes in San Juan County, no injuries
- Downtown Ogden expansion project begins finalizing plans
- West Jordan Elementary School is closing its gates after 40 years