CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
Man wanted in connection to two Utah bank robberies arrested in Colorado
SALT LAKE CITY — A 24-year-old man who was wanted for questioning in connection to a pair of recent bank robberies in Salt Lake County was taken into custody Monday in Colorado.
Greenwood Village Police along with the FBI in Denver apprehended Markee Denzel Hagans. He was arrested without incident while inside a vehicle at a hotel parking lot, according to a press release from the FBI’s Salt Lake City Field Office.
The press release says Hagans has been charged in a criminal complaint by the United States District Court District of Utah.
Hagans allegedly robbed the America First Credit Union, located at 3499 S. State Street in South Salt Lake on Aug. 30. It is also alleged that he robbed a Chase Bank at 1284 E. 3900 South in Salt Lake City on Sept. 27. Additionally, Hagans is also wanted for questioning in connection to a robbery of an individual outside of a credit union in Clearfield on Sept. 9.
The press release says Hagans made his initial court appearance Tuesday in the United States District Court District of
- FBI seeking information on whereabouts of serial bank robber
- “Band-Aid Bandit” accused of several bank robberies arrested in California
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Body found at 600N, I-15 Southbound
- KSL EXCLUSIVE: “It’s been a punch to the gut,” Woods Cross mom of boy…
- Clearfield power and traffic alert
- Utah’s COVID-19 transmissions slowed but still present
- Robbery at swap meet leaves one victim shaken up
- Full interlodge in effect for Alta and Snowbird ski area
- Woods Cross man charged for allegedly secretly recording others in bathroom
- Winter-like temperatures sticking around
- Not everyone is a fan of Utah’s new state flag
- What you can do about snow mold in your lawn