Semi truck and train collide in Tooele County
Oct 25, 2022, 8:32 AM | Updated: Mar 28, 2023, 5:50 pm
(Derek Petersen/KSL TV)
TOOELE, Utah — A semi-truck and a Union Pacific train have collided in Tooele County.
The crash happened at Canyon Road and Foothill Drive in Lake Point, Utah.
KSL TV’s Derek Peterson reported from the scene that a train hit a semi that had stalled on the tracks.
Petersen reported that the accident was not fatal and there were no injuries. Authorities have taken the semi off the rails.
This is a developing story and will be updated.
Related: Weber County authorities investigating possible shots fired incident
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Elk herd returns to SLC golf course after multiple relocation attempts
- Body of snowmobiler found following avalanche in Pole Canyon
- Prison sentence reduced for ‘Real Housewives of SLC’ star Jen Shah
- Two recovering after avalanche rescue in Morgan County
- Five-planet alignment may be visible in Tuesday night’s sky
- A third person has died after a multi-car crash in Box Elder
- Search and rescue team recovers body of snowmobiler killed in avalanche
- Is remote learning the death of the school snow day?
- Salt Lake County Animal Services looking for a home for Amy Swinehouse
- Gunfire with SWAT and seizure of narcotics leads to trafficker imprisonment