CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
Weber County authorities investigating possible shots fired incident
HOOPER, Utah — Weber County law enforcement personnel are investigating a fight early Sunday morning in Hooper that included possible shots fired.
According to a press release, authorities responded to 4800 S. 5100 West in Hooper at 2:43 a.m. Sunday. As law enforcement personnel arrived on the scene, multiple individuals were seen fleeing from the scene.
Authorities were able to detain several individuals, who police say are not cooperating with the investigation. Additionally, law enforcement personnel found several firearm casings in the road.
As part of the investigation, authorities used a drone in an attempt to locate other individuals who may have been involved. The search was unsuccessful.
Through their investigation, law enforcement says it appears the suspects shot rounds into the air. Additionally, there was no damage to the property nor were there any injuries reported.
The investigation is still ongoing, and no arrests have been made.
If you have information on the possible shots fired incident, you are asked to call the Weber County Sheriff’s Office at 801-395-8221.
- Weber County Sheriff’s Office investigating road rage incident with BB gun
- Deputies from Weber County Sheriff’s Office involved in officer-involved critical incident
- Weber County Sheriff’s deputy on leave after fatal shooting in Huntsville
- Small airplane makes emergency landing in Weber County
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Meteorologist says only a couple more weeks of snow and rain
- Utah company with ties to polygamous group cited for violating child labor laws
- Additional sex charges filed against Utah businessman; more victims possible
- Arrest made after fatal Logan Canyon crash
- As the snow melts, cases of canine giardia can increase
- General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Jury finds Paltrow not liable in ski collision trial
- The search for the caller behind Utah’s 13 school hoaxes
- Elk herd returns to SLC golf course after multiple relocation attempts
- Utah drought conditions see “significant” improvement