CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
SLCPD investigating two-vehicle crash involving stolen truck
SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake City Police are investigating a two-vehicle crash Wednesday night that critically injured a woman after a stolen truck ran a stop sign.
Police say the tan Ford pickup was going northbound on 1000 West at around 5 p.m. when the incident occurred. As it entered the intersection, the truck hit a car that was going eastbound on 400 South. Police say the impact between the two vehicles was severe.
According to police, a woman in the car was transported to the hospital in critical condition. She was the only occupant in the vehicle hit by the truck.
Following the crash, a pair of officers had to take emergency action to avoid the collision. However, police say the patrol car clipped the back end of the truck. The officers were not injured.
The two suspects from the truck fled from the scene. Police say one suspect is in custody, while the search continues for the second suspect.
- Two suspects flee after crashing stolen vehicle
- Stolen vehicle crashed by suspect; child injured, police say
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Body found at 600N, I-15 Southbound
- KSL EXCLUSIVE: “It’s been a punch to the gut,” Woods Cross mom of boy…
- Robbery at swap meet leaves one victim shaken up
- Clearfield power and traffic alert
- Woods Cross man charged for allegedly secretly recording others in bathroom
- Salt Lake carjacking suspect dead, investigation continues
- Full interlodge in effect for Alta and Snowbird ski area
- Winter-like temperatures sticking around
- What you can do about snow mold in your lawn
- The Salt Lake Temple renovation has a new completion date