Woman dies in Logan after being hit by cement truck
LOGAN, Utah — A woman crossing the street in downtown Logan was hit and killed by a cement truck while crossing the street Friday morning. Logan City Police are investigating the incident.
In a press release, the LCPD said the woman had been crossing Main Street in her motorized wheelchair around 9:52 a.m.
A southbound cement truck hit the woman, causing fatal injuries.
The LCPD said multiple agencies responded to the scene to investigate the crash.
The LCPD will not release the woman’s name until her family is notified.
Main Street experienced traffic delays and closure but reopened around noon, according to a Facebook post by the LCPD.
Today’s Top Stories
- Update: Some I-15 lanes reopen after hazmat spill in Bluffdale
- After celebrity death to colon cancer, Utah doctor weighs in on colonoscopy
- Provo Police looking for information about two cars in deadly hit-and-run
- SWAT standoff in Tooele ends peacefully, no further threat to public
- WNBA star Brittney Griner released from Russian detention in prisoner swap for convicted arms dealer
- Sundance Film Festival is seeking volunteers for 2023 event
- Natural Resources helicopter crashes in San Juan County, no injuries
- West Jordan Elementary School is closing its gates after 40 years
- Downtown Ogden expansion project begins finalizing plans
- Crashes and bad weather cause traffic across Utah