CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
Road rage incident that began in Kaysville leads to shooting with BB gun
KAYSVILLE, Utah — A road rage incident reportedly led to a heated altercation between two vehicles involving a BB or pellet gun Monday afternoon.
Sgt. Roy Carlson with Utah Highway Patrol said the problem began around 2:40 p.m when two vehicles were heading southbound on I-15 in Kaysville. They reportedly got into an unspecified road rage incident. This led one of the drivers to pull out a gun and shoot the passenger side of the other car. The shooting left three bullet holes in the car.
Carlson said the driver who reportedly shot the BB or pellet gun had two children in the back of his vehicle. The other vehicle had two people inside including the driver.
No one was hurt, but Carlson said that some glass was shattered.
Police said that after the shooting, the suspected shooter continued. Carlson said witnesses followed the suspect to a Maverik in Centerville. From there, he was taken into custody after cooperating with police.
- Road rage incident leads to one dead in shooting
- Taylorsville babysitter arrested for allegedly causing death of baby
- Stabbing in Taylorsville sends one person to the hospital
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- D2 gets to the bottom of the impending arrest of former President Trump
- Death penalty off the table for Lori Vallow Daybell
- BYU announces new president
- Utah Rivers Council selling discounted rain barrels as effort toward water conservation
- 6-year-old dies after crash in Emery
- Semi hits car on I-15 in Kaysville, one person taken to hospital
- Bicyclist hit, killed by FrontRunner train in Salt Lake City
- Cox signs bill requiring lethality assessments in Utah domestic violence cases
- 16-year-old dead, 2 other teens injured in fatal crash in Juab County
- Brighton hits a milestone with 700 inches of snow