CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
Semi crash into car in San Juan County claims one life
Nov 1, 2022, 8:45 PM | Updated: Dec 29, 2022, 11:23 am
(Photo credit: Scott G Winterton/Deseret News)
SAN JUAN COUNTY, Utah — The Utah Highway Patrol said one person died Tuesday following a collision between a four-door sedan and a semi in San Juan County.
The crash happened on SR-163 near the town of Halchita, which is 18 miles north of the Utah-Arizona border.
The crash blocked most of the road. Traffic was down to one lane for a time on Tuesday.
No information was provided on what caused the crash. The identity of the victim was not released.
This story will be updated if more information is released.
- UHP investigating fatal car crash in Tooele County
- Head-on car crash on SR-45 kills one person Saturday night
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- KSL EXCLUSIVE: “It’s been a punch to the gut,” Woods Cross mom of boy…
- Murray doctor charged with sexual exploitation of a minor
- Full interlodge in effect for Alta and Snowbird ski area
- The Salt Lake Temple renovation has a new completion date
- Gwyneth Paltrow ski collision trial in Utah enters third day
- Another Utah snowstorm has us asking, what is a snow squall?
- Woods Cross man charged for allegedly secretly recording others in bathroom
- Salt Lake carjacking suspect dead, investigation continues
- Mother tells of her escape from addiction and being homeless
- Spring running late, another snowy morning commute is predicted