Head-on car crash on SR-45 kills one person Saturday night
UINTAH COUNTY, Utah — A head-on car crash on SR-45 left one person dead Saturday night.
At around 8:30 Saturday night a white Mitsubishi Lancer struck a white Chevrolet Silverado, according to Utah Highway Patrol.
UHP says the Mitsubishi was traveling southbound when it crossed the center line into the northbound lane. This occurred near the Green River Bridge, around 10 miles south of Naples, Utah.
The driver and sole occupant of the Mitsubishi Lancer was not wearing a seatbelt, sustaining fatal injuries on impact. The driver and sole occupant of the Chevrolet Silverado did not sustain significant injuries and was treated at the scene of the crash, according to UHP.
UHP did not specify what caused the driver of the Mitsubishi Lancer to veer into oncoming traffic. It says the crash is still under investigation.
- A near record-breaking year for auto-pedestrian fatalities, officials urge caution
- Lehi Fire Truck collision ends in fatal accident
- UHP investigating fatal car crash in Tooele County
- Fatal crash in Juab County leaves one dead
- Fatal car crash closes southbound I-15 in Washington County
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Arrest made after fatal Logan Canyon crash
- Additional sex charges filed against Utah businessman; more victims possible
- Lawyer: Trump indicted; 1st ex-president charged with crime
- Utah company with ties to polygamous group cited for violating child labor laws
- Multiple Utah schools received fake reports of school shooting, officials say
- Utah drought conditions see “significant” improvement
- Nine soldiers killed after Army helicopters crash in Kentucky
- Former Unified police chief discusses how police respond to copycat situations
- Elk herd returns to SLC golf course after multiple relocation attempts
- Jury finds Paltrow not liable in ski collision trial