Head-on car crash on SR-45 kills one person Saturday night
Oct 30, 2022, 2:37 PM | Updated: Dec 29, 2022, 11:23 am
(Utah Highway Patrol)
UINTAH COUNTY, Utah — A head-on car crash on SR-45 left one person dead Saturday night.
At around 8:30 Saturday night a white Mitsubishi Lancer struck a white Chevrolet Silverado, according to Utah Highway Patrol.
UHP says the Mitsubishi was traveling southbound when it crossed the center line into the northbound lane. This occurred near the Green River Bridge, around 10 miles south of Naples, Utah.
The driver and sole occupant of the Mitsubishi Lancer was not wearing a seatbelt, sustaining fatal injuries on impact. The driver and sole occupant of the Chevrolet Silverado did not sustain significant injuries and was treated at the scene of the crash, according to UHP.
UHP did not specify what caused the driver of the Mitsubishi Lancer to veer into oncoming traffic. It says the crash is still under investigation.
- A near record-breaking year for auto-pedestrian fatalities, officials urge caution
- Lehi Fire Truck collision ends in fatal accident
- UHP investigating fatal car crash in Tooele County
- Fatal crash in Juab County leaves one dead
- Fatal car crash closes southbound I-15 in Washington County