Fatal car crash closes southbound I-15 in Washington County
WASHINGTON COUNTY, Utah — Southbound I-15 closed at mile marker 34, following a fatal car crash Sunday.
Southbound I-15 is completely closed in Washington County at mile marker 34 (8 miles south of Kannaraville), due to a fatal crash. Please take an alternate route. Closure time is estimated at 2-3 hours. pic.twitter.com/Q0oIEYs86m
— Utah Highway Patrol (@UTHighwayPatrol) October 2, 2022
The closure is estimated to last two to three hours.
UHP is advising drivers to use an alternate route at this time.
Details on the fatal car crash
Upon Utah Highway Patrol’s arrival, troopers found a solo male occupant of a Ford pickup truck sustaining fatal injuries.
Investigation of the accident shows that the man was hauling two trailers, one travel trailer and one utility trailer.
UHP says one of the trailers began to whip, causing the truck to veer off the right side of the roadway. Following this, both trailers detached and the pickup rolled.
The man’s identity has not been released at this time.
This story will be updated as more information is available.
- Three lanes of I-15 in Davis County closed for repairs after highway buckles
- EB off ramp at 3300 S, I-15 closed after a car hit a pedestrian
- Car fire, explosions, temporarily shut down I-15 in Davis County
Today’s Top Stories
- Lehi building placed on false lockdown after report of unconcealed gun
- Bingham High students build intricate gingerbread cathedral
- BYU students win international award for video game
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Senate passes Romney-sponsored bill to fund Great Salt Lake study
- Is forcing the homeless into treatment the answer?
- Snowball Express arrives at Salt Lake City Airport
- Salt Lake City Police Department hosts holiday Pay-it-Forward event
- 21-year-old woman killed in Provo hit-and-run
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success