One person injured, suspects being sought after rolling shootout in Murray
SALT LAKE CITY — A drug deal gone bad led to a rolling shootout in Murray on Sunday night. According to Unified Police, the dangerous situation began when two parties met for an illegal drug sale at a Maverick convenience store on 700 E. and Ft. Union Blvd.
Police said the parties then drove to 700 E. on Downington. “That is where one party attempted to rob the other party,” said Unified Police Sgt. Melody Cutler.
That was also where a third party became involved, police said.
“Then a third vehicle became involved, and (the drivers of ) those vehicles began chasing each other, shooting at each other, ramming each other,” according to Cutler.
The shootout continued in multiple Murray locations
Police said this activity continued down 700 East and Winchester to 900 East.
Witnesses reportedly shot video of the situation which police say they are using to gather more information. They are also speaking to witnesses.
“We were able to gather multiple, multiple casings from firearms,” Cutler said. “Two firearms have been recovered as well as two vehicles. There’s still a black SUV that’s still outstanding.”
One woman was shot, according to police, and she was treated and released from a hospital.
Police have not arrested anybody for the shooting, although one person, 26-year-old Tucker Bohn, has been booked on a parole violation.
An investigation continues.
This story will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Vivint Smart Home acquired for $2.8 billion by NRG Energy
- A 4-day workweek is working for Provo government
- Trump Organization convicted in executive tax dodge scheme
- Utah Tech student dies after falling from fifth-story balcony
- Suspected criminals on Zillow listing Utah homes for sale without homeowners’ knowledge
- Three toys recalled in U.S. for excessive lead paint
- Lawsuit against Arches National Park after incident resulting in the death of a woman
- Kirstie Alley, ‘Cheers’ and ‘Veronica’s Closet’ star, dead at 71
- UDOT wants public comments for proposed Orem expansion
- Colorado gay club shooting suspect charged with hate crimes