One person injured, suspects being sought after rolling shootout in Murray
SALT LAKE CITY — A drug deal gone bad led to a rolling shootout in Murray on Sunday night. According to Unified Police, the dangerous situation began when two parties met for an illegal drug sale at a Maverick convenience store on 700 E. and Ft. Union Blvd.
Police said the parties then drove to 700 E. on Downington. “That is where one party attempted to rob the other party,” said Unified Police Sgt. Melody Cutler.
That was also where a third party became involved, police said.
“Then a third vehicle became involved, and (the drivers of ) those vehicles began chasing each other, shooting at each other, ramming each other,” according to Cutler.
The shootout continued in multiple Murray locations
Police said this activity continued down 700 East and Winchester to 900 East.
Witnesses reportedly shot video of the situation which police say they are using to gather more information. They are also speaking to witnesses.
“We were able to gather multiple, multiple casings from firearms,” Cutler said. “Two firearms have been recovered as well as two vehicles. There’s still a black SUV that’s still outstanding.”
One woman was shot, according to police, and she was treated and released from a hospital.
Police have not arrested anybody for the shooting, although one person, 26-year-old Tucker Bohn, has been booked on a parole violation.
An investigation continues.
This story will be updated.
- Three brothers still missing from American Fork
- It’s shaping up to be a scary flu season
- DWR reminding Utahns that some e-bikes are banned in wildlife management areas
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Woods Cross man arrested for allegedly secretly recording others in bathroom
- Gwyneth Paltrow ski crash trial begins in Park City, lawyer calls it “B.S.”
- USU grad files lawsuit against university for racist caricature
- UHP: Three people dead in two-vehicle crash in Kane County
- Bus driver to be honored for saving woman from dog attack
- Fire breaks out at Orem home
- False threat near the TRAX Daybreak Parkway Station
- D2 gets to the bottom of the impending arrest of former President Trump
- Teens charged as adults in West Valley shooting death
- Utah Rivers Council selling discounted rain barrels as effort toward water conservation