CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
Man arrested after alleged assault at Warm Springs Park
SALT LAKE CITY — A 56-year-old man was arrested Monday morning after Salt Lake City Police say he allegedly assaulted two individuals following an altercation at Warm Springs Park.
According to a news release, police were notified of a fight involving a group of people in the area of 840 N. Beck Street at 7:23 a.m.
Based on the initial investigation, police believe that 56-year-old Michael Patterson got into a fight with a 59-year-old woman, allegedly physically assaulting her. Police are still trying to determine what led up to the confrontation.
Police say a 32-year-old man saw the fight and tried to intervene. According to the news release, Patterson allegedly struck the man with his vehicle and fled the scene.
The man was treated at the scene by first responders for minor, non-life-threatening injuries. The woman was transported to an area hospital also for minor, non-life-threatening injuries.
Patterson was booked into the Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of aggravated assault and assault. He was also booked for investigation of failure to remain at the scene of a crash.
Police say there is no relationship between those individuals involved in the fight at Warm Springs Park.
- Salt Lake City Police respond to five different incidents with weapons
- 18-year-old arrested for alleged fight at Ben Lomond, involving a gun
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Body found at 600N, I-15 Southbound
- Robbery at swap meet leaves one victim shaken up
- Clearfield power and traffic alert
- KSL EXCLUSIVE: “It’s been a punch to the gut,” Woods Cross mom of boy…
- Woods Cross man charged for allegedly secretly recording others in bathroom
- Salt Lake carjacking suspect dead, investigation continues
- Winter-like temperatures sticking around
- Full interlodge in effect for Alta and Snowbird ski area
- The Salt Lake Temple renovation has a new completion date
- What you can do about snow mold in your lawn