Herriman police investigate stabbing at K9 Memorial Dog Park
HERRIMAN, Utah — Herriman Police are investigating the stabbing of one person Thursday evening.
Police say the incident occurred at the K9 Memorial Dog Park, located at 5105 W. Herriman Main Street at 5:40 p.m.
According to a news release from Herriman Police, the incident was the result of an altercation stemming from an argument between a 61-year-old man and a 37-year-old man.
Police say during the fight, the 61-year-old man pulled a pocketknife “and inflicted stab wounds to the other male,” the news release states. It’s unclear how many times the victim was stabbed.
The victim was transported by ambulance to the hospital where he was listed in critical condition.
The suspect was taken into custody and taken to the Herriman Police Department to be questioned by detectives.
Police say there is no danger to the public.
The investigation into the incident is still ongoing. Multiple witnesses to the incident have provided statements to authorities.
This story will be updated when additional information becomes available.
Further reading: Stabbing in Taylorsville
Today’s Top Stories
- Lehi building placed on false lockdown after report of unconcealed gun
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- 21-year-old woman killed in Provo hit-and-run
- BYU students win international award for video game
- Salt Lake City Police Department hosts holiday Pay-it-Forward event
- Senate passes Romney-sponsored bill to fund Great Salt Lake study
- Is forcing the homeless into treatment the answer?
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- Opinion: Pandemic puppies have spoiled us all for working at home
- Opinion: The long and winding road to the championship