Ten films awarded special honors at DOCUTAH 2022
ST. GEORGE, Utah — The DOCUTAH International Film Festival, hosted by Utah Tech University, awarded 10 films with special honors in its 2022 season.
The film festival wrapped up its 13th season during the weekend of Nov. 5. According to a press release, a total of 43 showings took place at this year’s festival.
According to the press release, over half of this year’s films come from visiting filmmakers. They come from “as far away as Italy and the U.K.,” the release states.
“In 13 seasons, this is the most filmmaking personnel we have ever had attend the festival,” said Karman Wilson, the festival’s newly appointed executive director in the press release. “Our festival has a reputation among filmmakers for taking good care of them. We are thrilled so many made the trek to enjoy the incredible weather and amazing scenery of this area and, of course, the best-kept secret in film festivals.”
Along with the large turnout, many films featured in-person Q and A sessions following their showings.
Ten films awarded at DOCUTAH
Ten films received special honors, according to the press release. These films were selected upon “a variety of merits.” In addition to this, each film was judged by a panel of industry professionals, according to the press release.
Awards were presented by Ms. Senior Canada Universe, Shelley Gish, and Ms. Senior Universe, Marianne Hamilton.
The following 10 films were honored in these categories:
- DOCUTAH Trailblazer- “Acting Like Nothing is Wrong”
- Best Feature- “The Quiet Epidemic”
- Best Short- “Heartbreak Country”
- Audience Favorite Feature- “Jack has a Plan”
Audience Favorite Short- “Centered”
- Best Foreign Film- “I Am Not”
- Distinctive Piece- “The Merry Widow”
- Enlightenment Award- “A Crack in The Mountain”
- Humanitarian Award- “On the Divide”
- Emerging Artist- “10 x 10”
Click here to learn more about DOCUTAH and this year’s winning films.
Today’s Top Stories
- Lehi building placed on false lockdown after report of unconcealed gun
- Bingham High students build intricate gingerbread cathedral
- BYU students win international award for video game
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Is forcing the homeless into treatment the answer?
- Senate passes Romney-sponsored bill to fund Great Salt Lake study
- Snowball Express arrives at Salt Lake City Airport
- 21-year-old woman killed in Provo hit-and-run
- Salt Lake City Police Department hosts holiday Pay-it-Forward event
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success