Multiple crashes and icy conditions impacting Utah roads
SALT LAKE CITY — Multiple accidents hit Utah roads early Wednesday morning impacting travel on one of the busiest travel days of the year.
Utah Highway Patrol reported a serious crash on I-80 eastbound at milepost 85 in Tooele County has the eastbound lanes closed for investigation. Estimated closure is 30 to 60 minutes.
Other crashes include northbound I-15 at milepost 306 (1300 S) in Salt Lake. UDOT expects a clearance time of 7:45 a.m.
Another crash was reported on northbound I-15 at milepost 305 (2100 S) in Salt Lake impacting the right shoulder. UDOT estimated a clearance time of 7:27 a.m.
We have multiple crashes on I-15 in downtown Salt Lake City. 2 of them are NB between 400 South and 600 North.
1-crash in SB on the North Temple overpass. Both directions of the freeway are icy, please slow down. pic.twitter.com/lOGRgSEmBc
— Heather Kelly (@KSLHeatherKelly) November 23, 2022
As morning temperatures dip below freezing daily, road conditions can become icy.
All specific updates can be found here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Vivint Smart Home acquired for $2.8 billion by NRG Energy
- UDOT wants public comments for proposed Orem expansion
- Three toys recalled in U.S. for excessive lead paint
- A 4-day workweek is working for Provo government
- Trump Organization convicted in executive tax dodge scheme
- Utah Tech student dies after falling from fifth-story balcony
- Student loan forgiveness resolution on hold until 2023
- Suspected criminals on Zillow listing Utah homes for sale without homeowners’ knowledge
- Lawsuit against Arches National Park after incident resulting in the death of a woman
- Kirstie Alley, ‘Cheers’ and ‘Veronica’s Closet’ star, dead at 71