Multiple crashes and icy conditions impacting Utah roads
SALT LAKE CITY — Multiple accidents hit Utah roads early Wednesday morning impacting travel on one of the busiest travel days of the year.
Utah Highway Patrol reported a serious crash on I-80 eastbound at milepost 85 in Tooele County has the eastbound lanes closed for investigation. Estimated closure is 30 to 60 minutes.
Other crashes include northbound I-15 at milepost 306 (1300 S) in Salt Lake. UDOT expects a clearance time of 7:45 a.m.
Another crash was reported on northbound I-15 at milepost 305 (2100 S) in Salt Lake impacting the right shoulder. UDOT estimated a clearance time of 7:27 a.m.
We have multiple crashes on I-15 in downtown Salt Lake City. 2 of them are NB between 400 South and 600 North.
1-crash in SB on the North Temple overpass. Both directions of the freeway are icy, please slow down. pic.twitter.com/lOGRgSEmBc
— Heather Kelly (@KSLHeatherKelly) November 23, 2022
As morning temperatures dip below freezing daily, road conditions can become icy.
All specific updates can be found here.
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- D2 gets to the bottom of the impending arrest of former President Trump
- Death penalty off the table for Lori Vallow Daybell
- BYU announces new president
- 6-year-old dies after crash in Emery
- Utah Rivers Council selling discounted rain barrels as effort toward water conservation
- Semi hits car on I-15 in Kaysville, one person taken to hospital
- Bicyclist hit, killed by FrontRunner train in Salt Lake City
- UHP: Three people dead in two-vehicle crash in Kane County
- Cox signs bill requiring lethality assessments in Utah domestic violence cases
- Gov. Cox signs bill requiring “historic” Utah state flag to be flown at Capitol…