Kaysville house fire started in dryer, emergency officials say
KAYSVILLE, Utah — Kaysville fire officials say a dryer was the source of a house fire Wednesday afternoon.
Capt. Ryan Eckardt, of the Kaysville Fire Department, says his department was notified of a house fire in the area of 675 N. 300 East around 3:15 p.m. No injuries were reported from the fire.
Eckardt says a babysitter at the house got everyone out of the house and went to a neighbor’s house. He is unsure of how many children were in the house at the time of the incident.
The babysitter said she could smell smoke. However, Eckardt is uncertain if a smoke detector alerted her to the fire.
Upon arrival, fire crews discovered a basement fire with heavy smoke damage to the main floor.
Agencies from Farmington, Layton, Hill Air Force Base and Kaysville responded to the fire.
Fire officials determined the fire started in the dryer. However, they are unsure of the malfunction that would have caused the fire.
Eckardt says the home isn’t a total loss. But it will require a lot of work to repair the damage.
- Road rage incident that began in Kaysville leads to shooting with BB gun
- Kaysville woman scams friends and family of tax refunds
- Kaysville police officer stops wrong-way driver near Farmington
Today’s Top Stories
- Vivint Smart Home acquired for $2.8 billion by NRG Energy
- UDOT wants public comments for proposed Orem expansion
- Trump Organization convicted in executive tax dodge scheme
- A 4-day workweek is working for Provo government
- Three toys recalled in U.S. for excessive lead paint
- Utah Tech student dies after falling from fifth-story balcony
- Suspected criminals on Zillow listing Utah homes for sale without homeowners’ knowledge
- Lawsuit against Arches National Park after incident resulting in the death of a woman
- Kirstie Alley, ‘Cheers’ and ‘Veronica’s Closet’ star, dead at 71
- Great Salt Lake, moisture created Tuesday’s commuter fog and maybe Wednesday’s