60 mph winds blows over semi-truck on I-15
IRON COUNTY, Utah — 60 mph winds blew over a semi-truck on I-15 Sunday afternoon.
60 mph winds have blown over a semi at milepost 71 on I-15 just north of Cedar City. High wind warnings for Beaver, Iron, and Tooele counties continue through 8pm. #utwx
— NWS Salt Lake City (@NWSSaltLakeCity) December 11, 2022
According to the National Weather Service, the truck blew over just north of Cedar City, at milepost 41.
See footage of the incident below:
Video credit: Max Jacobsen
Trooper Mikki Tucker, with Utah Highway Patrol, says there are no injuries and crews are working to get the semi moved off the roadway. Additionally, he says traffic is diverting off exit 71.
The NWS reports high wind warnings for the Beaver, Iron and Tooele counties through 8 p.m.
- Storm bringing wind and snow to northern Utah
- SUV winds up under semi after crash on I-80 near Mountain Dell
Today’s Top Stories
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- SLC restaurant “Manoli’s” nominated for James Beard Award
- Utah leading a lawsuit against new ESG rule affecting 401(k) plans
- Jordan High student killed in Sandy crosswalk by school bus
- Three vehicle crash in Sanpete County leaves one dead
- Two Republicans voted against bill banning transgender-related surgery, here’s why
- Engineer who refused to approve Challenger launch dies in Ogden
- Utah Senate passes transgender-related surgery ban for minors
- UTA board looks at FrontRunner expansion in Utah County