SUV winds up under semi after crash on I-80 near Mountain Dell
SALT LAKE CITY — An early morning crash on eastbound I-80 near Mountain Dell Golf Course blocked traffic on Monday morning, but there were no injuries.
EB I-80 at MP 134 (Emigration Canyon) Salt Lake Co.
2 Left Lanes Closed
Est. Clearance Time: 7:53 AM
For updates: https://t.co/jaVMw7vcLm
— UDOT Traffic (@UDOTTRAFFIC) November 21, 2022
Sgt. Cam Roden with the Utah Highway Patrol confirmed the accident happened early, around 6:45 a.m. Roden said a Toyota Highlander swiped the driver side of a semi truck near mile marker 134.
According to the UHP, the Toyota wound up partially underneath the semi truck. Though there were two people in SUV as well as in the semi, nobody was injured in the crash.
However, the truck began leaking fuel and lost about 25 gallons of fuel before fire officials were able to stop the leak.
- Gas prices tumble in some US cities, not so much in others
- Companies around Utah offer free Thanksgiving meals and more
Today’s Top Stories
- Car drives into parade, hits horse and rider
- Crash on I-15 in Draper leaves one dead
- Man crashes into Ogden Taco Bell drive-thru window
- American Red Cross of Utah seeks volunteers in central Utah
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Trash can on fire at home in the Cottonwoods, safely extinguished
- Six new Latter-day Saint missions to launch in 2023
- Frontier Airlines no longer has a customer service phone line
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- Clearfield Police identify victims in Wednesday’s double homicide