Propane heater causes residential fire in Spanish Fork
Dec 15, 2022, 2:30 PM
(Spanish Fork City)
SPANISH FORK, Utah — Early Thursday morning, Spanish Fork fire crews were called to a house fire near 400 East Center Street. When they arrived, they found that the fire had started in a carport between two properties.
The fire then grew to damage what was described as multiple outbuildings on two properties.
In a press release, Nick Porter with Spanish Fork City said the fire was contained in about 25 minutes and that it was completely out in two hours.
Porter said that the fire melted and damaged the exterior of both homes. There was no interior damage.
One family was displaced by the fire. Porter said they were taken in by other family members.
After a previous fire caused by a propane heater in Provo killed a man, officials reminded residents about the dangers of using a propane heater inside a home. Namely, any type of heater that is powered by fuel is not recommended for indoor use.
Damage from the Spanish Fork fire is estimated at $60,000.
Related reading: Family loses everything to motorhome explosion
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announces site of North Carolina Temple
- KSL’s Doug Wright to host final movie show program, continues with long-time host Andy…
- The streaming shift from BYUtv to ESPN
- Candidates starting to line up as potential replacement for Rep. Stewart
- SLCPD: One person in custody following fatal stabbing
- Davis schools remove Bible from certain school shelves
- Avalanche clean up underway in Little Cottonwood Canyon after “major” Utah winter
- China’s soured milk and its impact on Utah’s dairy farmers
- SLC Ballpark ‘Next Design’ competition winners announced
- Here’s how Utah’s 4 congressmen voted on the debt ceiling bill